When you pre-qualify for a mortgage, you are able to shop for your home with the peace of mind that your financing is in place. When pre-qualified, the process from sales contract to closing moves along more quickly and with more predictable timelines.
You may download our Pre-Qualification Application (PDF); complete the form and return it to us to start your pre-qualification process.
Mail or bring your completed application to:
Bank of the James Mortgage
17000 Forest Road, Suite 2
Forest, VA 24551
You may also fax your completed application to: 434-534-8091
Thank you for considering Bank of the James Mortgage for your home finance needs.
The following items and documentation will be needed to process your mortgage application:
- W-2s for each applicant for the past two years and current pay stubs
- Payment history for landlord/mortgage company for the past two years
- Employment information – two year history
- Contract of sale and legal description (unless applying for pre-qualification)
- Bank name, account numbers and balances (all accounts)
- Bank statements (all accounts) for the last two months
- Open loans – names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments
- Loan information on other real estate owned
- Certificate of Eligibility/DD214 (VA loans only)
- Check for credit report and appraisal
- Self-employed: tax returns, schedules,
- Year-to-date P&L and balance sheets for the past two years
- Photocopy of driver’s license or government issued ID
Mortgage loans are subject to credit approval.