Help Your Student Get Ready for Tomorrow
Don’t let your student go to college without opening a checking account under our special student offer. This program is especially tailored for students 16-24 years of age*. Bank of the James makes account management easy, so parents will have one less worry while their student is at school. Students will enjoy the convenient, hassle-free features that let them enjoy their busy schedule without having to worry about banking. Here’s what you can expect:
Express Checking – Designed for Students
- No minimum balance requirements
- $25 minimum deposit to open account
- Unlimited non-Bank of the James ATM transactions
- No monthly service fee with e-statements
- BOTJ Visa Debit Card at no charge*
Additional Student Perks
- Mobile Banking with bill pay at no charge**
- Remote Check Deposit- deposit checks using your smartphone
- Use of CardValet- turn debit card on and off, set spending limits, and schedule alerts
- One touch account balance on your mobile device
- Text or eAlerts for balance and withdrawal notifications, and more
- Person to person smartphone payments with POPMoney using our mobile banking app
- Get cash back at no additional cost at most grocery stores, pharmacies, anywhere you shop when you use your BOTJ VISA Debit Card. No additional cost for Cash Back!
- UChoose Debit Rewards offers points every time you use your BOTJ VISA Debit/Check Card, sign for purchases, and use as credit. Earn points and earn rewards!
- Open a Bank of the James checking account and easily transfer money to your student with Online Banking or your mobile app
- Allows financial freedom for the student and ability for parents to assist whenever needed
*For students under age 18, please contact your local branch for more details. **Bank of the James does not charge for Mobile Banking, however your service provider may charge fees for mobile/text banking services.